Tuesday, May 3, 2011

slightly scandalous. be warned.

Today I did the classic no-no. Wasn't supposed to buy anything...but then came across something I've been trying to find for over two years. A pink & sequin swimsuit. That actually fits. And...are you ready?...



Just a little sneak peak. I'm saving the rest for my trip to Maui in t-3 weeks. I know, I know. It's not "technically" underwear. But it's my blog, my rules. Anything scantily clad = underwear to me from now on. I just couldn't pass it up.

After buying it I went through the whole question thing in my head that every other girl (and their sister, and grandmother, and cute fluffy dog) does. At least I think so. How fat will I look in this? Will the sequins accent any jiggling that occurs? Does the pink give a highlight to the muffin top or draw attention to my tree trunk thighs?

I can seem pretty smiley and confident at times. But guess what? I have major insecurities, too. As well as every other girl (and boy) out there. I don't want this to turn into the classic "love yourself" talk, with Christina Aguilera crooning "you are beautiful" in the background, but really. Who is someone else to tell you what you should wear or what you should look like? Or who qualifies to wear a swimsuit and who doesn't? I found this lil' quote that's a wonderful reminder to at least fake it 'til I make it: When you are strong enough to love yourself 100%, good and bad - you will be amazed at the opportunities that life presents you.

I'm going to wear my pink sequin swimsuit, damn it, and I'm going to wear it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment