Monday, May 9, 2011

come visit soon.



I bought these undies not quite knowing what I could wear them for. But they were in my size. And the style I like. And it just so happens that they fit perfectly for the past 24 hours of my life.

Forgive me for being slightly sentimental here. I took a quick trip up to Idaho for Mother's day. I was able to see my beautiful mother and sweet sister - both amazing, selfless mothers. (And a special shout out to my sister in Boise I didn't see!) I could not ask for better examples of wonderful women.

I could share countless stories of why momma is my hero...making me breakfast before I left for dance every morning, or bringing socks to school when I forgot an extra pair for after practice. But it all adds up to just one thing: my momma's massive and inextinguishable amount of love for her family. I am seriously and truly blessed to be born in the family I was.

There's this song by Vanessa Carlton (super girly, I know!) called Carousel. I'm a sucker for some gorgeous piano music and a pretty voice. Let it suffice me to say that every line in this song somehow relates to my life in the past year. I was seriously humbled to realize that in one way or another, I have always had love in my life because of my family. No matter what happens, they still love me for my silly and sometimes stupid self.

And that, my friends, is better than any silly boy's promises that will only be broken, or carton of Ben 'n Jerry's that will only go straight to my hips. I just needed to open up those big eyes of mine a little bit more and see how ridiculously lucky I am. Take a listen to the song if you like:



Keep an eye out for the official video with me, will you? It should be amazing. And the sheet music...so I can play it. Happy Momma's Day.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Shelly Rose ,who is the little sister who grew up into a wonderful young woman. :)

    ReplyDelete