Tuesday, May 17, 2011

uncomfortable situations.

So I was fresh out of clean, cute undies. What did I revert to? My backups. You know, the ones that give me perma-wedgie. And you, my friends, are not getting a picture of that. Sorry to get your hopes up.

No seriously. Perma-wedgie can throw off your day. I would know, because I grew up with five brothers and had a perma-wedgie from ages 3 - 8. I think it may have permanently damaged my crack, so unless I get the hipster style from Victoria's Secret, those darn wedgies creep up on me again.

About throwing off your day....I had one of those days. You know the ones where everyone seems to pick on you for no good reason? Or one person singles you out as their "make Shelly feel like crap" project of the day? Yeah, one of those. Vertically challenged person at said place of employment decided to power trip on me to make me feel shorter than them. Did not work. Okay, a little bit. Where I wanted to go in the bathroom and cry. But I didn't. Go me.

So after a short venting session with my mother (bless her soul for listening), I was ready to go again. Ready to stick up for myself against that wedgie of a person who needs to wedge themselves in my "crack" just to bug me. I'm going to change my personal undies by "getting a new pair", or not caring what said person thinks. By just being me, and letting my new outlook replace that old, wedgie person. Hope that made sense. I was never too good at allegories.

So pick out your wedgie people....don't let them get to you. There's always a new pair out there.

3 comments: