Thursday, April 28, 2011

Take a trip. Or a hike. Outta here.




I'm getting better at telling what people to stay out of my life. It's hard for me. I like people to like me. So much that in my past I've put my feelings at stake before someone else's, even if they are in the wrong. I'm getting better at using my rational side and listening to it. You know that side that says "Yeah...you're a jerk...and I'm not going to dig you out of it this this time?" That one.

I've always said that I've wanted a person in my life,  'significant other' if you will, that has lived a little bit of life. My pet peeve: someone who is judgemental, or naive. I used to think experience, or "life", makes a person more understanding. It does -  but there are some people who are still just congenital poo-faces, and always will be. Congenital = born with it. And not going to change.

I've gotten to the point where I can at least verbally tell someone, "Hey, you did this awful thing to me, and you're mean." Rational side of Shelly can list out the facts of what happened and make myself feel justified. But the part that makes me "me" is that little emotional part that still believes in the goodness of a complete and utter poo-face. My rose-colored glasses, if you will. The part that questions what I could have done better, what I can change about myself, or  I can take the blame. That part of me is inherent and never going away. I just have to save those little glasses for someone who really deserves it.

Maybe these lil' undies will bring me some more adventures today in telling people where to go. Stay tuned. Listen to these three reasons at the beginning of his video. Fan-freaking-tastic.

1 comment: