Thursday, September 15, 2011

oh, dating. (don't murder me all you married peoples).



Dating....oh man.

That's all I have to say. Really. It's weird/difficult/self-esteem wrecking/fun/exciting/motivating sometimes.

Getting back into the jungle of singledom last January, I kind of hit the ground running. Mostly for distraction. And since I either A. work with mostly ladies, and B. scare the majority of men at church away with actually having a pair of hips and telling them I blog about underwear, my options are limited. So where did I turn? Online.

I have considered blogging simply about the best one-liner emails I get. I don't respond to probably about 90% of my e-mails that I get from mail users. Why? Well. If I get a line such as:

"What's up, baby boo?"

First off, I'm not your "boo". Nor are you a thug, you are white boy with a goatee who listens to Eminem. Not a thug. Or:

"Having any luck on this site?"

Clearly, if I were, I would not still be on this thing at three in the morning reading silly e-mails like this. And last but not least, my favorite:

"I'm kinda interested."

I'm so flattered! I'm kinda interested in you too, now I'm just going to delete this e-mail....

And just for the record, those are all real, actual e-mails I have received. I wish I could say they were made-up. 

So wish me luck. Maybe I'm just looking for love in all the wrong places. Maybe I can try speed dating, simply to get some more blogging material. Arranged marriage just sounds more appealing all the time.

Now, before you kill me or write an encouraging comment back, I hope you know I am quite kidding about all of this. Somewhere deep down inside that joking heart-breaker side of me I know that love comes when you least expect it. You can't rush or force it. All you can do is try to be ready for it when it comes along and be the best person you can be. I just have to be able to laugh a little at the journey, right?

Have a lovely day. :)

2 comments:

  1. "I am going to congratulate you that I've selected to qualify you for the position to be taken out on a date. Since the activities you listed as preferrable (singing, dancing, studying and reading) are pretty lame in a group setting, I'm just going to assume that you enjoy rock climbing and offroading. To find out more of the adventures available as well as accept the offer, shoot me a quick email. We'll communicate soon."

    Yeah, true story, that is what some guy sent to me...WTF???? And it's called spell check buddy.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed that only very good looking men with actual self esteem like women with curves. The rest of them are just boys. :)

    ReplyDelete