Tuesday, July 26, 2011

wrinkles

I love getting older.

Yeah, I just said that. I realized this morning that I've either been completely naiive my entire life, or just that I have an innate, undying sense of possibility.

I think I'll choose possibility.

Call it my rose-colored glasses of believing. It's funny how you get to know yourself as you get older. Yeah, I have an emotional relationship with myself. What's wrong with that? Not in like the multiple personality way. Just me getting to know me. And my tendencies. Habits. Likes/dislikes.

So bring on the freckles and little wrinkles to the sides of my eyes I get from laughing. I'm so ready for you.  

1 comment:

  1. oh yes - getting older is good and I would not go back at all. Just enjoy each and every day and each and every new wrinkle - especially the ones on the sides of your eyes because that means you laugh a lot and that is good. Good for you for having new adventures and trying new things. Don't look back too much. You won't ever get old on the inside as long as you keep it up!

    ReplyDelete