Sunday, June 19, 2011

There's really no underwear for this one.

I know my blog is about underwear. Or the things that happen to me while I'm wearing said underwear. No, it is not suggestive. I do not wear said underwear in front of a mirror making kissy faces and seductively posing. Sorry, kids. It's just not happening.

Anyhew, all kidding aside, it's Father's Day. I woke up this morning, entirely grateful that I have a Dad to call. Who I know is there. Who I know will listen. Yes, we have our differences. But that's because he raised a daughter with an entirely too alert and stubborn mind. At the end of the day, I'm so blessed to say I have a Dad that is there - that truly cares about me, and just wants me to have the best in life.

I know I'll understand things a little more one day when I have a child of my own. And heaven help me when that does happen. I can only imagine the stubborn-ness multiplying with each generation I pass my genes on to. But today I can't help but be overwhelmed with memories of all the times my Dad was there, and will be there for all the best moments of my life.

Happy Father's Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment